Yes, the title is inspired by The Sound of Music, and this is exactly how I spent my day; focusing on my favorite things.
- Quietness – Kids were at school and the baby was sleeping.
- Twix – Ate a 4 pack of “Left” Twix.
- Cleanliness – Picked up around the home and caught up on some daily chores.
- Planning – Organized and preprinted some items for after Spring Break.
- Shopping – Online Amazon browsing for my 8 year old’s birthday.
- Stillness – I allowed myself to just “be” for a period of time by stilling my body and my thoughts.
- Catching Up – Text my grandma Nancy (I ❤ her. She is sending me some cookies!).
- Avoided – Took a break from social media browsing, which I believe helped still my mind.
- Coffee – Always enjoy this beverage, but consumed during the “quietness”.
- Breathing – Realized I haven’t focused on this process in a while. It was mentally refreshing and I felt a little more grounded afterwards.
I still have a ways to go after my feelings of yesterday, but I’m moving in the right direction!